Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bush Being Bitter

Over the past couple of days that has been a lot of controversy surrounding President Bush's remarks. Politico.com and Yahoo! held an interview with the President, in which he made a series of remarks that angered myself, as well as Keith Olbermann. Olbermann gave a "special comment" on his show last night that was well beyond what anyone could express... he pretty much summed up what everybody was thinking.
You can read a diary entry that Olbermann wrote on the Daily Kos here.

What pissed me off most about one of the answers that Bush gave, was he said that if a democrat was elected to office, there would be another terrorist attack on the United States. President Bush is just using the good old Republican scare tactics like Hillary Clinton has used throughout this whole campaign. (Anyone see any connections by the way?)

And today, while President Bush is in Israel, he took a cheap shot at Barack Obama. I won't even go into what he said, I'll just give my reaction. What the hell? I mean, the President and his cabinet have had negotiations with North Korea haven't they? Bill Richardson was able to retrieve remains of a soldier from Noth Korea within the past couple of years right? Does he not see that sitting down with world leaders and ambassadors could actually make an impact? I mean, I'm sorry that it hasn't worked for the Bush administration, but Barack Obama has a good point with doing this. Iran has gotten stronger during the President's term. So have Hamas, Hezbollah, AND al Qaeda.

That's one of the reasons why I'm leaning towards Obama. He is willing to sit down and try to work things out, instead of doing the same things that McCain will probably continue that happened during the Bush terms.

And by the way. When Howard Dean called upon McCain to denounce these comments, to give him a chance to separate himself further from President Bush... he agreed! That my friends is the reason why a McCain term in the White House would be bad for our country not only economically, but will do further damage to the United State's standing in the world today.

Why do you think Bush is being this way? Is he acting bitter because of the democrats gaining momentum all accross the country? Is he mad that congress is losing republican seats to democrats in highly conservative districts?

It's sad to see him stoop to this level, though I am not surprised in the least.

Please share your opinions, whether you agree with me or not. I look forward to seeing what others have to say.

No comments: